Good Practice Policy for Balanced Reflexions
I am a full member of the Association of Reflexologists (AoR). Being a full member of the AoR demonstrates that I have a nationally recognised Diploma in Reflexology.
As an AoR member:
I am bound by the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics.
I follow the AoR Good Practice Policy and hygiene guidance to ensure client safety.
I am fully insured for medical malpractice /professional indemnity requirements. The industry standard is in excess of £5 million cover.
I comply with the AoR Continuing Professional Development requirements which ensures my practice is kept up to date.
I am compliant with GDPR data protection, please see my separate GDPR policy. Your information will remain confidential at all times.
As a professional and highly qualified reflexologist with MAR status, I will provide you with the appropriate bespoke treatment and support.
I keep data electronically so I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
My Personal Business Practice Policies:
1. The use of Face Coverings
- I will always wear a face covering for every client for the foreseeable future.
- I chose to use discretion regarding the wearing of face coverings.
- I have health requests of my clients as follows;
- If you have a cough, a fever or loss of taste and smell or have been in touch with anyone with these symptoms please contact me as we may need to postpone your appointment.
- If you have been involved in a higher risk activity such as attendance at a large event or air travel, I request that you do not book an appointment within 10 days of the activity.
- In return I will apply these high standards to myself. Should I feel unwell, unable to treat or it is inadvisable for me to treat, I will explain the situation to you as soon as possible before your treatment.
- My fees are payable in full at the time of treatment.
- My fees for certain treatments are payable in advance as part of a treatment package.
4. Cancellation Policy
- I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. As you are aware my business is dependent on the number of clients I can see in my clinic hours. Therefore if you are unable to make a previously arranged appointment I request that you provide me with at least 24 hours notice. This will allow me the option to re book the time slot with someone on my waiting list.
- Less than 24 hours notice may result in a fair-use fee of 50% of my usual treatment cost. This fee will be required to be settled prior to any future bookings but can be offset on future treatments within a month period.
- I supply the option to buy vouchers for treatments. These may be given as gifts.
- These treatments can be booked during my normal working hours with no restrictions.
- Where an appointment is booked and missed, my cancellation policy above will apply and a proportion of the treatment will be deducted from those remaining.
- These vouchers are non refundable.
- These vouchers are required to be used within one year of issue.
5. Use of background music
- I have The Music licence and so I am able to change what I play as background music, if you have a preferred choice of music or artist then please let me know.
6. Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
- I have chosen to be regulated by the CNHC, my choice to be voluntarily regulated and the extra requirements of me are explained on the CNHC website. https://www.cnhc.org.uk/